Thursday 15 August 2024

For Variety, a Delightful Whiskey!


What can I say, I saw an advertisement, I kept talking about it, and Lotte at the Rye Waterworks said to me "go for it" so I bought a bottle online from The Single Malt Shop in Dublin (website), not cheap but worth it, and what an adventure the bottle seemed to go through to get to me! Because it was coming from the EU, duty appeared to be an issue that they had to deal with, not the buyer. It appeared the day that I received the bottle, it had started out from Dublin, went to Brussels, then to Luton, then to Heathrow, from whence it came to me, some journey!

My August Whiskey of the Month!

The whiskey itself, from Bushmills (website), close by the Giant's Causeway (Discover Northern Ireland) in Northern Ireland, and appropriately one of their Causeway Collection (cask finished single malts), is their, and I do have a little left ๐Ÿ˜‰ 2011 finished in Sauternes Casks for 2 years, although matured first for over 7 years in Oloroso Sherry casks and Bourbon casks. Certainly well aged and matured, this cask strength 56.3% single malt whiskey is gorgeous! ๐Ÿ‘

I can only add to their description of "delivering fresh white wine aromas, rich flavours of ripe apricot, toffee apple and a warming summer fruit finish." To me, they missed out vanilla, but, indeed, a luxurious and warm smooth triple distilled single malt whiskey, alcoholic (!), and certainly worth buying, not that I have the money to buy regularly. Excellent, Slรกinte! ๐Ÿ˜


No comments:

Post a Comment