Saturday 7 May 2022

Sad News that Kelham Island Brewery is Closing


It is very sad news that the Kelham Island Brewery in Sheffield is closing after 32 years of trading, I tried visiting their website, but it appears that excessive demand makes the website unobtainable for now. Anyway, it is reported in the Yorkshire Post, and there are statements on Kelham Island Brewery's twitter and facebook pages. 

Those who know me will be aware that I used to live in Sheffield for 16 years, arriving as a postgrad student in 1995, during which time I worked at the Brewery part-time (up to 30 hours a week). It is a wonderful city for microbreweries and good pubs and ale, and is on the edge of the Peak District, so excellent for walking too, a very hard place to leave. Indeed, I visit reasonably regularly, usually coinciding with a football match, and was here just a few weeks ago, when I spoke to the Head Brewer, but he gave no indication that the Brewery was soon to close (blog).

Sad news indeed, and they have just brewed their last Pale Rider gyle... 😢

Many thanks for the memories, but I shall continue to visit the Fat Cat (website), cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment