Sunday 2 July 2017

Brown Ale with a difference!


Now, I'm usually blogging about pale hoppy fruity bitters, but this ale, imbibed at the Dolphin Inn, Rock-a-Nore Road, Hastings, is a wee bit different, actually, quite a bit different! A deep red colour, with an aroma that made me immediately think stout, and I detected roasted barley in the taste too; having looked at the brewer's website I have since noticed barley is included in the grist, so I may well be correct... 

Anyway, this 4.6% India Brown Ale, brewed by Triple fff Brewery is certainly different, from the name you could guess it's a play on American Pale Ales/contemporary IPAs, so a bit of grapefruit in there too! This fruitiness provided by the use of hops from the USA, though they don't tell you which hops on the website, but I'd guess it may be Cascade or Chinook, but that is purely guesswork. No-one else got the 'stout' who tried it at the same time as me, but I did have a few pints, not just wee tasters, so I'm sticking by my guns here! Also, not similar to a brown ale typically, it had a dry bitter finish. I had a few pints the next day too, very nice, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment