Saturday 20 January 2018

Flowerpower Blonde, yes really!


From the nearly 2 year-old Brighton brewery, Loud Shirt Brewing Co (website), 750mls (a big pint!) of bottle-conditioned beer, so watch out for sediment in the bottle, also says it is 'vegan' friendly on the label, so, presumably, no finings used, though this had cleared quite well anyway, if not exactly 'crystal' clear. A slightly floral aroma, and a taste that was a wee bit too sweet for me, though very easy to drink, certainly came across as a Belgian style blonde or golden beer. Apparently dried flowers of some kind included, but no indication of what hops have been used either on the bottle label, nor on their website, but says sugar added, which no doubt made it sweeter to the taste. The finish had a slightly nutty bitterness, so I'm guessing English hops were used, though nothing stood out hop-wise. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy another bottle, though I'll search it out when I next visit Brighton for a sample of their ales on draught, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment