Friday 26 April 2019

The Alchemist - Another Update!


Whilst on the subject of councils enforcing the rebuilding of public houses demolished without planning permission (prior being The Carlton Tavern - blog), I checked up on what was happening to The Alchemist, Battersea SW11 1TH, which I wrote about in 2015 too (blog), and for which Wandsworth Council, in this instance, made the order to rebuild the property. The Alchemist originally opened in the mid-19th century as The Fishmongers Arms (Pub History) and Wandsworth Council reported last year that it had been rebuilt (above - website).

The building as it looked before demolition.

It is good to see it has been rebuilt, ostensibly as a public house, but I cannot find any information about whether it is open now... I noticed it up for sale, apparently as a restaurant, but the link is no longer available, does anyone know if there have been any further developments please? I should be able to get there in a couple of weeks if I cannot find out what has happened, so will report further when I do know more, cheers!

Photograph taken 5th July 2019

I went by on a bus recently and it still looks empty!

No comments:

Post a Comment