Friday 21 February 2020

1st Day of the Tower Beer & Cider Festival in Hastings


I got to the Tower, 251 London Road TN37 6NB, early for the festival (21st to 23rd February) because I was to help set up the separate festival bar, and above you can see the bar on my arrival with a dozen ales extra to those served from the handpumps on the main bar, looked more professional, obviously, once I got to it... 😉 


I've updated my previous blog a wee bit, mainly correcting errors in my original (OK, I own up, I do make errors now and then, but it was just fine tuning!); also, above you can see a list of the ciders available this weekend, in addition to the ales detailed previously.


I shall be writing a more detailed report of the fine ales available at the festival after the next few days, but I had to mention a 'stand out' beer today, a half of which I drank before leaving earlier, and following Louisa's giving me a taster earlier, so it had to be done. The Kent brewery Iron Pier (website) and their wonderful 9% Speyside BA Imperial Stout, that is, aged in Speyside whisky barrels, and matured for another few months in Louisa's cellar, gorgeous! Well that's what I wrote in my notes, and, with a "big dark fruity aroma with hints of roasted barley and whisky, tasting like a stout should, big flavour and body, sweet to start with, but drying out into a bitter finish." I already know it will be my favourite ale of the festival, but you never know... 

No comments:

Post a Comment