Saturday 14 March 2020

The Ram Inn returns to Wandsworth, AND Microbrewery


I wrote a year ago about the return of brewing to the historic brewery site in Wandsworth (blog), but I have only just found out that The Ram Inn (website) has reopened, indeed, opened in October, apologies for missing that. The photograph of the pub, above, I have borrowed from their facebook page (a wee bit edited by me, but many thanks!).

The Ram Inn is at 68 Wandsworth High Street, right at the central crossroads in Wandsworth, London SW18 4LB (tel: 020 8871 9752), and is still a Youngs pub. I remember it as the Brewery Tap (which it was called from 1974 until it closed down), and when I last drank in there when visiting my mother many years ago (I drank Youngs Double Chocolate Stout as a cask-conditioned ale that day, and had a long chat about it, and the first time they brewed it, with one of the brewers, it was gorgeous!). They also serve food, and they're brewing in the pub too...


The photograph above is taken from the Slybeast Brewing website, again, many thanks, and is of the pub interior, including the brewing equipment. They appear to brew a number of crafty keg beers, but cask-conditioned ales too; I do look forward to visiting in the next few months, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment