Rather than buy a bottle this month, which is best for both my liver and my pocket, ๐ I drank this month's offering at The Jolly Fisherman, 3 East Beach Street, Hastings TN34 3AR (facebook). This was from the Scottish Lowlands, a single malt scotch whisky from Lindores Abbey Distillery (website), where whisky was first distilled more than 500 years ago, the abbey dating back to 1191 until it's destruction began in 1559. The new distillery was opened in 2017, built on farmland opposite the abbey ruins (Preservation Society), with plans to 'preserve and continue the traditions that were established' over 500 years ago.
The distillery first released their whisky at the beginning of July 2021, this Lindores Single Malt Scotch Whiskey 'Casks of Lindores' (49.4%), aged in bourbon casks, has a natural pale golden colour and gorgeous 'smooth' aroma, with vanilla dominant, but also fruity, particularly apple. To taste, not quite as smooth, a wee bit sweet, vanilla with hints of apple and orange, and I certainly noticed the alcohol strength as it went down, warming my insides, with a dry finish and I noted "roasted nuts coming through, pretty damn good!" I liked it, slรกinte! ๐

No comments:
Post a Comment