I had a mixture of emotions on reading the editorial written by Tim Hampson in the latest edition (hard copy being a member, and keeping up the subscription 😉) of CAMRA's BEER magazine (website), advised that we are losing pubs in Britain at the rate of 2-3 a day! However, he reminds us that this is nothing new and has been the case continuously for the last 40 years, down from 80,000 pubs back in the formative years of CAMRA to about 40,000 now. 😞
Where I live, bars and pubs are opening/reopening quite regularly, and I believe that in towns and cities the good pubs will continue to do well, it is mostly the worst pubs that disappear, and here the worst of the cull appears to have already been carried out. I do worry for people living in smaller villages though, where the village pub is often the centre of social life, often opposite or very close to the village church. So, get out there folks and support your local, good luck! 👍
Don't forget though, that there are many things that can go wrong drinking alcohol, be aware of limits and potential physical, social, and legal factors. The drinkaware website offers advice, tools to help, where to get support and 'facts' you may not be aware of. Stay safe folks! 👌

No comments:
Post a Comment