Wednesday, 23 September 2026

September Whisky of the Month


The whisky of the month for September is a wee bit of a mystery, because Marks & Spencer keep it a secret which distilleries make their whiskies (website). 😯 But, regular readers will be aware I particularly like Irish whiskeys, and from Scotland I usually prefer their Speyside single malt whiskies, so here is the Kenmore Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky for review. 

This 40.0% whisky "comes from the shores of the River Spey" and is naturally coloured apparently, that is from the barrels it is aged in, and retrospectively not much more than the required 3 years I imagine. The aroma has hints of vanilla, caramel, toast and coffee, and tastes of fruitcake, caramel and butterscotch. This is a strangely 'rougher' whisky than I expected, but still quite easy to drink, though I'm a wee bit disappointed with it. Oh well, sláinte! 😌


Don't forget though, that there are many things that can go wrong drinking alcohol, be aware of limits and potential physical, social, and legal factors. The drinkaware website offers advice, tools to help, where to get support and 'facts' you may not be aware of. Stay safe folks! 👌


No comments:

Post a Comment